Dry eyes are a common condition that affects people of all ages. Often, symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) occur when your tears evaporate too quickly. Symptoms of MGD and dry eyes include redness, itchiness, and a gritty, burning feeling in your eyes. While “artificial tears” or over-the-counter eyedrops can provide temporary dry eye symptom relief, using a warm compress for the eyes like EverTears® is a simple, affordable treatment clinically proven to provide symptom relief and work to address the underlying cause of most dry eye problems.
Pros of Using Warm Compresses for Dry Eyes:
- Relieves dry eye symptoms: Warm compresses can effectively relieve dry eye symptoms, such as redness, itchiness, and discomfort. EverTears® uses a proprietary blend of hyaluronic acid, which naturally stores and increases moisture in the body, and soothing coconut extract.
- Increases circulation: The instant self-heating function of EverTears® can:
- Melt solidified “meibum” oil in the Meibomian Glands, and restore normal oil flow. Solidified meibum is often the root cause of MGD, as this dried oil blocks the glands. Melting these blockages restores delivery of oils needed to coat and protect the tear film to help prevent evaporation of the eyes’ vital moisture
- Increase blood circulation in and around your eyes, promoting healing and reducing inflammation caused by the blockages
- Easy to use: Warm compresses are easy to use and can be done at home or even on the go. With EverTears®, activating is simple; simply snap the pad by bending it in the middle and apply it to the eyes, one at a time. EverTears® compresses come individually wrapped so they can be used at work, on airplanes, or at home as part of your daily eye care routine.
- Cost-effective: unlike expensive “artificial tears” or OTC eye drops that many people are forced to use multiple times per day, warm compresses are a cost-effective treatment for dry eyes. EverTears® unique combination of self-heating compress and cleaning wipe provides convenient, effective treatment for around $1.50 per day – a small price to pay for pain-free eyes and clear vision.
Cons of Using Traditional Warm Compresses for Dry Eyes:
- Inconvenient: finding or making a traditional compress from household materials can be a challenge, and sometimes unsanitary – not only that; you’ll need to hold the compress or heated mask on your eyes for at least 10-15 minutes, as opposed to only 2 minutes per eye with EverTears®.
- They’re potentially dangerous: warm compresses heated in the microwave or in boiling water can reach temperatures that burn the eyelids. Also, these reusable compresses quickly become contaminated after the first use and risk adding bacteria onto the eyelids in later use.
- Single function: the traditional warm compress may provide the same level of relief as EverTears®. But without the same cleaning capability, a general warm compress serves as a single-purpose approach rather than a holistic part of a strong, regular eye health routine that relieves, mitigates, and remedies the glandular components of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.
Try EverTears® Today
Using warm compresses for dry eyes can be an effective way to address dry eyes. While there are drawbacks to “old school” warm compresses, using FDA-Registered EverTears® not only soothes symptoms instantly but also works to address MGD, the most common cause of dry eye symptoms.
Share This Article